Bachelor of Engineering
First Year Admissions For The Academic Year 2019-20
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Intake : 60 Seats
Intake : 120 Seats
Intake : 60 Seats
Electronics and Telecommunication
Intake : 120 Seats
|Advertisement||Entrance Test||Session begins|
The Pre-Admission form can be filled only online as per schedule.
Candidates will need to refer their qualifying examination marks sheet (year of passing, percentage, Board etc.) while filling the Pre-Admission form.
Personal Details: Candidates are supposed to fill all the personal information as stated in the form.
All the mandatory fields in the online Pre-Admission form are required to be filled before clicking on the submit button. The information furnished by the candidate will be treated as final and no subsequent changes will be allowed.
Candidates are required to pay processing fee (Rs. 1000 /-) by Cash at the K.J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Sion.
Please note, that your Pre-Admission forms will not be considered for the merit list unless the payment of processing fees is received before merit list process.
On successfully submitting the online Pre-Admission form, an acknowledgement with “Online application no” is automatically generated. Candidates are requested to take a print (2 copies) of the same.
The first time, you submit the Pre-Admission form, your details like address, photograph and personal details are saved to a Pre-Admissions account created for your convenience. This account can be accessed through the link “My Account” on the Somaiya Vidyavihar Admissions Microsite.
At the start page of every form, candidates are asked to enter their Email Id and password to register them for the account. A unique user id is generated and displayed. Please save this user id and the entered password carefully, as it will allow you to access your account, you can also use your Email ID and password. Using this account, you can also submit Pre-Admission forms for other courses offered at institutes at Somaiya Vidyavihar, your personal data will be entered automatically. The account also allows you to reprint acknowledgment slips for Pre Admission forms submitted by you.
Eligibility for Admission to the First Year Engineering
(For Maharashtra State Candidates)
The Candidate should be an Indian National.
Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subject or Computer Science or Information Technology or Informatics Practices or Agriculture or Engineering Graphics or Business Studies and obtained at least 45 % marks (at least 40 % marks, in case of Backward Class categories, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State), in the above subjects taken together; and the Candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in CET and should obtain non zero score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority. or (ii)Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 45 % marks (at least 40 % marks, in case of Backward Class categories, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State);
Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only)
(For All India Candidates)
i.The Candidate should be an Indian National;
ii.Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subject or Computer Science or Information Technology or Informatics Practices or Agriculture or Engineering Graphics or Business Studies and obtained at least 45 % marks (at least 40 % marks, in case of Backward Class categories, Economically Weaker Section and Persons with Disability category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together; and should obtain non zero positive score in JEE (Main) B.E./B.Tech or the candidate should have appeared in all the subjects in CET and should obtain non zero score in CET conducted by the Competent Authority. However preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non zero positive score in JEE (Main) B.E./B.Tech over the candidates who obtained non zero score in CET;
First Year MHT CET Cut-off Marks ( Percentile Score ) of Admitted Students (Year: 2019 - 20)
|Branch||CAP (Excluding Minority)||CAP Minority||TFWS||Against CAP (Excluding Minority)||Against CAP (Minority)|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||96.29||90.29||80.03||6.43||96.52||94.85||84.91||2.95||NA||NA|
Branch wise Admitted Students
|Computer Engineering||2019 - 20||2018 - 19||2017 - 18||2016 - 17||2015 - 16|
|Information Technology||2019 - 20||2018 - 19||2017 - 18||2016 - 17||2015 - 16|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||2019 - 20||2018 - 19||2017 - 18||2016 - 17||2015 - 16|
|Electronics Engineering||2019 - 20||2018 - 19||2017 - 18||2016 - 17||2015 - 16|
Admissions are strictly on the merit basis and as per the rules prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education and Admission Regulating Authority, Government of Maharashtra.
For all the seats, the candidate can apply through CAP by the Competent Authority ( State CET Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra ) as per schedule. Online applications and detail information about CAP process is available on website: https://kjsieit.somaiya.edu.
For the seats remaining vacant after CAP rounds, online Application forms are available on the College website: https://kjsieit.somaiya.edu.
Candidates can fill the online application form. Printout of the filled application form along with necessary documents must be submitted in the college office. The processing charges for application form will be Rs.1000/- only.
Look out for:Notification and advertisement regarding vacant seats will be published in leading newspapers. All notices regarding admissions will be displayed on college website and college notice board.
To apply for these seats the candidate must have initially applied to the Competent Authority ( Admission Regulating Authority ) at Facilitation centre for verification of documents.
Refer to the college website for online application form, prospectus, last date for receipt of completed application forms, merit lists and schedule of counselling session.
- Candidate to pass 12th with PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and NEET.
- DMER will put up list of selected candidates for all colleges.
- Completion of college application form, scrutiny of documents and admission of student as per list of DMER.
- If any student cancels admission, he/she has to fill the cancellation form and the same is to be submitted to DMER by email as well as hard copy.
- Cancellation fees to be collected from candidate as per DMER brochure.
- Status retention forms to be taken from all the admitted students.
Admission process for Institutional Quota (Including NRI)
- Institute will publish advertisement in the newspaper & invite applications from interested candidates for Institutional Quota (including NRI).
- Interested candidates will collect the application form by paying requisite form fee.
- Submission of duly filled up Application form along with required documents.
- Admission Committee will scrutinize the documents thoroughly as per the norms. (First preference will be given to NRI quota & then to Institutional quota).
- Eligible candidates will be selected based on their merit & final list will be displayed on College notice board as well as on College website. Selected candidates will be given admission.
The Institute offers Bachelor of Engineering Degree Programs of four years duration with an annual intake of 360 .The Institute is self-financed, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
|Sanctioned Intake||DTE Choice Code (CAP)||GLM (51%) (CAP)||Non-Minority(49%)(CAP)||TFWS*||J&K*|
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||60||320999510||31||29||3||1|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||120||320937210||61||59||6||1|
This College has Gujarati Linguistic Minority status
Distribution of seats is as follows:
Candidate should submit the duly completed admission forms after the allotment of the seat.
- 51% of SI for Gujarati Linguistic Seats admitted through CAP by the Competent Authority.
- 49% of Non-Minority through CAP by the Competent Authority
*Additional Seats available for admission through CAP which are over and above the Sanctioned Intake as per Government notifications.
The Fees payable on admission to the College for First Year Engineering Degree Course will be charged as per the decision of Fees Regulating Authority. For SC / ST / VJ DT / NT1/ NT2 /NT 3 / OBC / SBC / ESBC candidates, fee concession will be given as per government rules. Refer to college brochure for detail fee structure.
|Course||Tuition + Development Fees*||Other Fees Approx|
|Computer Engineering||Rs. 1,66,000 /-||Rs. 4,786 **|
|Information Technology||Rs. 1,66,000 /-||Rs. 4,786 **|
|Electronics and Telecommunication||Rs. 1,66,000 /-||Rs. 4,786 **|
|Electronics Engineering||Rs. 1,66,000 /-||Rs. 4,786 **|
In addition to the Tuition fees and development fees mentioned above, each admitted candidate will be required to pay other fees which includes
University Enrolment fee
Disaster Relief Fund
Sports & Cultural Activities
Cultural Activities Fund
Library Card charges
As per Maharashtra Education Institute (Prohibition of Capitation Fee) Act 1987, Institute is not charging any kind of extra fees.
The Fees will be Accepted only by Demand Draft or Pay Order Drawn in Favour of “ K.J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering & I. T. ” Payable at Mumbai.
Cancellation of Admission & Refund of Fees
Rules prescribed in First Year Engineering Admission Brochure 2020-2021 published competitive authority are applicable.
- Original certificates shall be submitted for verification to the college authority effecting admission. If a candidate is offered admission, his/her original School/ Institution Leaving Certificate (after qualifying examination) and Certificate of Marks at the qualifying examination will be retained by the college. These two original certificates will not be returned to any candidate once admitted to a course unless the candidate cancels his/her admission.
- If a candidate is unable to produce these two original certificates at the time of his/her admission on account of his/her admission to some other institution; he/she will have to produce a certificate from the Head of the Institution where he/she has taken admission indicating that he/she has been admitted to a particular course in that institution and hence his/her original certificates have been retained in that institution.
- Along with such a certificate the candidate shall be required to submit the copies of the above mentioned two certificates; i) School / Institution Leaving Certificate (after qualifying examination) and ii) Certificate of Marks at the qualifying examination, duly attested by the Head of the institution in which he/she has taken admission.
Documents Checklist for the First Year Engineering
One true copy of required documents must be submitted at the time of submitting application form Printed from our web site.
Candidate must bring original for verification at the time of submission of printed application form.
Three sets of true copies along with originals of required documents must be submitted at the time of confirming admission.
For all candidates:
- SSC (Std X) Mark sheet
- HSC (Std XII) Mark sheet
- MHT-CET Score Card 2020
- School Leaving Certificate after passing HSC (Std XII)
- Certificate of Indian Nationality.
- True copy of Aadhar card (at the time of admission)
- Gap affidavit (If Year of passing HSC before 2019)
- Migration Certificate (For candidates other than Maharashtra State Board)
For candidates admitted through CAP:
- CAP Allotment letter ( at the time of admission )
- Receipt-cum Acknowledgement from FC / ARC ( at the time of admission ) In addition to the above mentioned documents, the candidates admitted under different categories in CAP rounds are required to submit documents as mentioned in information brochure issued by competent authority.
For All India ( JEE Main 2020 Paper-I ) Candidates:
For NT1, NT2, NT3, OBC & SBC Candidates:
- Caste Certificate from competent Authority.
- Non-creamy layer certificate valid up to 31stMarch, 2021.
- Caste Validity Certificate (Compulsory as per notification received from Govt of Maharashtra)
- Income Certificate issued by competent authority
- Ration Card
- Bank Account Details
For Gujarati Linguistic Minority Candidates:
- School Leaving Certificate mentioning Gujarati Language as mother tongue.
- Certificate issued by registered community regarding mother tongue of the candidate.
- Affidavit on stamp paper of Rs. 100 /- in prescribed format ( Available on college website )
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra State ( or documents specified for Maharashtra State Type A or Type B candidate )
For NRI Candidates:
- Documents as mentioned in common guidelines and instruction issued by Admission Regulating Authority,
- Government of Maharashtra for submission of documents with respect to admission under NRI quota. ( No. MIS-2018/C.R. 988/ARA Dated 11th June 2018. )
"At present there is no merit list to display"